While I was on maternity leave I was bound and determined to complete a small quilt project. Boy is my thinking faulty sometimes. First of all, did I think I would actually have a lot of spare time while on maternity leave? Secondly, is there such thing as a small quilt project for a beginner? It took me forever. It was a stretch but I did finish the project. I made a quilted bag. Vera Bradley, I am not, however it is pretty functional and a little pretty. It turned out to be a little bit bigger than I had pictured in my mine and it is definitely a little stiffer. I think I used 1" batting which I have found out is a lot. Lilly, my machine, did not like it all at. Overall, I probably won't tackle such a project again, however if I do, then I know now what to do.
Details: Hancock fabric, internet pattern retro-fitted to my tastes, no piecing, but I did make a liner with a pocket inside. Quilting lines followed the fabric design.
Details: Hancock fabric, internet pattern retro-fitted to my tastes, no piecing, but I did make a liner with a pocket inside. Quilting lines followed the fabric design.


No comments:
Post a Comment