Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tucked In Tight


This is my first (post-class) quilt completely finished, by me, from beginning to end. It was made for Ryan to go on his toddler bed. He moved into the toddler bed in Jan 07 in anticipation of Chase coming. I purchased the fabric the day after Thanksgiving at the JoAnn Fabrics in Knoxville. We had gone up there for the Thanksgiving weekend and I found a coupon in the paper. The second trimester energy boost had gotten me and I got up and was at JoAnn's by 6:20. What was I thinking. Actually it was a lot of fun. I purchased everything for the project and quickly got to work. I only had a couple of months to get it together. I worked nights after Ryan went to bed and weekends during his naps. I have fond memories of Ryan crawling and walking all over the incomplete project as it was being assembled in my bedroom floor. Right away he knew it was for him and his new "big boy bed". I finished it just in time. I made a pillow sham to go with it and eventually made a sheet also. My friend and old college roommate, Jane Anne, sent Ryan a cool blanket that matched and it made a handsome little bed. I was pretty pleased. The best part is tucking him in at night underneath the quilt. I will have to keep it all to myself forever to remind me of Ryan at 2 and 3 tucked in tight having sweet dreams. What an angel…..
Details: Jo-Ann fabric, No pattern, Strip-pieced what I could. Stitch-in-ditch quilting.


No comments: